When you come for tutoring services, it is important that you uphold certain expectations. By working together and following these expectations, we can make sure that you get the most out of your tutoring session.
- Keep your scheduled appointments. Appointments are a privilege provided to students in order to meet your busy schedules. If you fail to keep two appointments in an academic year, you will no longer be able to schedule appointments and must utilize only walk-in hours for tutoring services.
- Don’t procrastinate. We are happy to assist you with study prep, note taking, brainstorming, and final revisions, but please do not wait until the last minute to request tutoring services.
- Come prepared to tutoring sessions. Bring any relevant textbooks, syllabi, class materials, notes, and HARD COPIES of papers. It is easier for the tutors to provide excellent service if students bring the appropriate materials. Additionally, it is important for your tutor to refer back to any relevant materials provided by your instructor.
- Read your textbook and any relevant material provided by your instructor. It is difficult for students to understand the course material if they have not read assigned pages from the textbook. Additionally, the tutors cannot provide students with assistance if they have not read the appropriate material(s).
- Come with a plan and questions. Know what material you would like to cover within that tutoring session. Actively participate in the tutoring sessions by having a list of questions to ask your assigned tutor.
- Tutors cannot do your homework for you. We strongly encourage students to make an attempt at completing their assignment prior to requesting a tutor so students can take note of the specific concepts with which they want help. You and your tutor can review these concepts and work through similar problems. However, the tutor cannot do your homework for you nor help you with take home tests, quizzes, or projects.
- Be respectful. Do not talk on your cell phone or cause distractions while working with your assigned tutor. Please refrain from computer usage if you are not with a tutor. Computers in the Learning Assistance Center are only to be used for educational purposes.