The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) is here to assist you in achieving academic success through supportive tutoring and resources. All services are provided free of charge to currently enrolled students, active alumni and faculty of Chicago State University.
Anytime you need assistance with your coursework, the Learning Assistance Center should be the first place you visit. The staff of the LAC will be able to provide walk-in and scheduled tutoring sessions in many different areas, direct you to additional campus resources, and provide access to needed materials and technology.
Examples of the services provided to you through the Learning Assistance Center include:
- Tutoring in over 20 different content areas
- Offering referrals for study skills, academic workshops and other supplemental materials
- Facilitating study groups
- One-on-one research support and instruction
- Technological and media support for academic assistance in math, writing, foreign languages, etc.
- Nelson-Denny Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension practice material
- RET practice exit exam
- Proctoring of exams with approval from the Director of the LAC
- Reservation of the Learning Commons (Atrium), Library Conference Room 454, and Library Computer Lab Room 144