The Office of Academic Evaluations & Advisement

One of the major functions of the Office of Academic Evaluations is to complete transcript evaluations for all undergraduate students admitted to the University. The office is also responsible for updating evaluations for admitted, and readmitted undergraduate students, as well as the graduation audits for those students who have completed graduation applications

The Office of Academic Evaluations and Advisement also provides information to the University Administration, faculty and staff with regards to policy and procedures as prescribed in the University's catalog.

The Office of Academic Evaluations and Advisement is located in the Cook Administration Building, Room 128, the phone number is (773) 995-2520. The fax number is (773) 995-3618.

Office Hours:

8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and 8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays.

10: a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month. 

Hours ma be adjusted during registration and holiday periods. 

6 things students should be asking their advisor during advising sessions:

  1. Which General Education and major courses should I be taking now?
  2. Will any of the free elective courses listed at the bottom of my degree evaluation be used to fulfill any major requirements?
  3. Should I repeat any courses?
  4. What does it mean to be on Academic Probation?
  5. Which courses should I take next in my major?
  6. What else do I need to graduate?

Other FAQS

How often should I get an update of my evaluations?
You can get an update anytime by using CSU-Xpress. You should check your degree progress at least once per semester through CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning). CAPP is an online degree auditing system that gives you the ability to comprehensively track your progress towards your degree.

It helps answer questions like "What will it take for me to graduate? Am I on schedule? What if I were to change my major? These are questions commonly asked by students; questions that CAPP can handle for you.

Why do I have to wait to see my evaluation on CSU-Xpress?
The staff must complete the evaluations for incoming undergraduate transfer students as well as those undergraduate students who have filed for graduation and require degree audits.

If you are currently enrolled, transferred into CSU, and your transfer credit is not visible on CSU-Xpress, please download the Request for Evaluation Update Form and submit the form to the Office of Academic Evaluations & Advisement by mail, fax, or walk-in. Please allow our office three weeks to fully enter all transfer credit.

When may I apply for graduation?
Students should apply for graduation early in their last semester. Deadline dates for the graduation application are posted on the Graduation Application Form. Deadline dates are also printed in the Course Schedule Bulletin. It is recommended that students meet with their Faculty Advisor well in advance of the deadlines to insure that any discrepancies be rectified prior to submitting graduation applications to the Office of Academic Evaluation & Advisement. All applicants will be notified by the Commencement Office regarding participation in the graduation ceremony. Please visit the website at for more information on commencement dates and activities.

When are diplomas available?
Diplomas are available approximately six to eights weeks after the date of graduation. Students will be notified by mail when the diplomas are available. We urge students to keep their address current through the Office of Records and Registration. Once notified, student may choose to have their diplomas mailed to them by downloading the Diploma/Replacement Order Mail Form and submit the form to the Office of Academic Evaluations & Advisement by mail.

How do I change my major or add or drop a minor?
You must complete a Major/Minor Change Form. For major changes, your previous departmental advisor and your present departmental advisor must sign the form. This will insure that your transfer credit can be properly applied to your new major. Departmental signatures are not required to add or delete a minor. Forms must be return to the Office of the Registrar in order to be processed.

What if I wish to take a course off-campus?
In order for a student to take a course at another school, while enrolled at Chicago State University, he or she must follow certain procedures. Once the decision to take a course off campus has been made, the student must complete a petition form. The student must return the petition with all of the appropriate signatures to the Office of Academic Evaluations and Advisement for final review and approval.

Mandatory Student Sexual Assault Training Program