Please review the Admissions Criteria for all applicants.
Please read the information below before you complete the application. Undergraduate-at-large (PDF) students are not eligible for:
- Financial aid; which includes loans
- Course credit evaluation
- Degree audit
- Academic advising
For information about online courses and Summer online classes offered
A non-degree student is an undergraduate student who is taking one or more credit
courses for personal or professional development, can be a degree-seeking student
at a different institution, or is a participant in a special or certificate program.
Individuals without a bachelor's degree who can prove good academic standing
(C average) at the last regionally accredited college or university may attend Chicago
State University as an undergraduate-at-large (Non-degree seeking). Applicants must
submit verification of good standing by submitting ONE of the following documents
with the application:
- College/University transcript
- Letter of good standing from the registrar or Dean of the college
- Recent grade statement indicating the cumulative grade point average (C average)
University Assessment Exams are required for some courses. Please consult the undergraduate catalog.
A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is required for all applications.
Options to pay the application fee:
- Please submit online payment via credit card through our secure online payment website. Note, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- By calling the Cashiers 773-995-2029 to pay by phone.
- If you cannot pay your fee via credit/debit card mail check or money order to:
Chicago State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
9501 S King Dr. ADM 200
Chicago, IL 60628
Be cautious and do not make payment more than once, as no refund will be issued.
Once we receive your online payment, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with a fee payment code. Please fill in
your payment confirmation code on your Signature Page in the space provided.
Please note, applications will not be processed without payment.
Applicants with a bachelors degree should contact the Graduate and Professional Studies School.