The Office of Budget and Resource Planning has responsibility for:
- University-wide planning for budgetary resources for unrestricted appropriated, including the university income fund, and non-appropriated funds, in concert with the University Strategic Plan;
- Preparation of the internal operating budget for unrestricted funds;
- Preparation and coordination of annual and ad hoc external reporting to the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget, the Illinois State Legislature, and the Illinois Board of Higher Education, including requests for operating and capital funding;
- Internal budget communications and interface to the University Budget Committee, the Long Range Planning Committee, and the Chicago State University Board of Trustees;
- Budget reviews and analyses;
- Issuance of annual budget calls and reviews with fiscal officers and senior administration;
- Loading of initial budgets in the Banner system and maintenance of balanced budgets for unrestricted funds;
- Review and processing of budget transfers, additions and reductions during the budget year for unrestricted funds;
- Processing and maintenance for the Budget and Position Control as well as Personnel Services Budget functions in the Finance and Human Resources Modules in the Banner system for all funds.
The Director reports to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, serves on the Finance Committee, and is the university liaison on budgetary matters to internal and external constituencies.