The mission of the Department of Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science
- To provide a quality education for students in the department's major and minor degree
- To ensure that students' educational experiences prepare them for a variety of career
possibilities in education, government, and business.
- To encourage the development of students' leadership and service potential through
sponsorship of extracurricular organizations
- To promote Chicago State University as a place to obtain a quality higher education
The Department's Faculty and staff are responsible for numerous ongoing programs,
processes, and activities that help accomplish its mission.
- To provide a quality education for students in the fields of criminal justice, philosophy,
and political science, in both major and minor degree programs at the undergraduate
and graduate levels as offered.
- To insure that the educational programs prepare students for a variety of possible
careers in related fields.
- To extend opportunities for the development of leadership and service abilities through
programs and extracurricular activities sponsored by the Department.
The Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science Department recognizes and
is committed to implementing University policy against sexual harassment and discrimination,
as well as fulfilling EEO/AA requirements. The Department is equally committed to
maintaining access for all its faculty, staff, and students to University Grievance
procedures and to providing educational opportunities for all its students without
regard to race, ethnicity, gender, Judicial Affairs, religion, or social and economic
circumstance. University resources and personnel available to address these concerns
include: the EEO/AA Office, Judicial Affairs, Human Resources, and/or The Ombuds Office.
All Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science students are encouraged to
review the University Catalogue in order to take advantage of the many educational
and academic opportunities at their disposal at Chicago State University . These include
but are not limited to the following: The Counseling Center , Career Development Center
, Wellness Center , Financial Assistance, Student Support Services, Special Academic
Programs, African American male Association Center, and The Latino Resource Center.
All Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science students are further encouraged
to review all regulations contained in the University Catalogue including those academic
regulations involving: Student Responsibilities, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Attendance
Policies, Immunization and Insurance. There are many University resources and personnel
available to assist with these matters including: The Academic Support Program, Learning
Assistance Center, Project FAME, Project Success, Writing Assistance Center, Evaluations
Office, Examinations Office, and the Office for Student Development