The mission of the Department of Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science is fourfold:
- To provide a quality education for students in the department's major and minor degree programs
- To ensure that students' educational experiences prepare them for a variety of career possibilities in education, government, and business.
- To encourage the development of students' leadership and service potential through sponsorship of extracurricular organizations
- To promote Chicago State University as a place to obtain a quality higher education exerience.
The Department's Faculty and staff are responsible for numerous ongoing programs, processes, and activities that help accomplish its mission.
- To provide a quality education for students in the fields of criminal justice, philosophy, and political science, in both major and minor degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels as offered.
- To insure that the educational programs prepare students for a variety of possible careers in related fields.
- To extend opportunities for the development of leadership and service abilities through programs and extracurricular activities sponsored by the Department.
The Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science Department recognizes and is committed to implementing University policy against sexual harassment and discrimination, as well as fulfilling EEO/AA requirements. The Department is equally committed to maintaining access for all its faculty, staff, and students to University Grievance procedures and to providing educational opportunities for all its students without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, Judicial Affairs, religion, or social and economic circumstance. University resources and personnel available to address these concerns include: the EEO/AA Office, Judicial Affairs, Human Resources, and/or The Ombuds Office.
All Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science students are encouraged to review the University Catalogue in order to take advantage of the many educational and academic opportunities at their disposal at Chicago State University . These include but are not limited to the following: The Counseling Center , Career Development Center , Wellness Center , Financial Assistance, Student Support Services, Special Academic Programs, African American male Association Center, and The Latino Resource Center.
All Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Political Science students are further encouraged to review all regulations contained in the University Catalogue including those academic regulations involving: Student Responsibilities, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Attendance Policies, Immunization and Insurance. There are many University resources and personnel available to assist with these matters including: The Academic Support Program, Learning Assistance Center, Project FAME, Project Success, Writing Assistance Center, Evaluations Office, Examinations Office, and the Office for Student Development