The College Will Increase Involvement in Community Initiatives Through Outreach Efforts, Partnerships, Collaborations, Community-Based Research, Service and Service Learning.
The COE Dean's Advisory Council was reorganized in Spring 2011 and held its first meeting of the reorganized group in March 2011. A second meeting was held in April, and a third in June. This group comprises the following community/school representatives:
- CPS: Area 14 Chief Area 14 (Elementary) Officer (CAO)
- CPS: Area 18 (Elementary) CAO
- CPS: Area 24 (Secondary) CAO Representative
- Lloyd Boyd Elementary School Education Manager
- Betty Shabbazz Elementary & High School: Education Manager
- Members of Chicago Area NAACP and principals from elementary and secondary schools
The group started meeting quarterly in 2011-2012, to advise the College on all matters pertaining to credentialing.
CSU/COE Partnership with Foster Park Elementary - CPS Area 14