All of our programs are accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education and approved
by the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Special professional organizations and
associations (SPOs and SPAs) for the various content areas accredited education programs
in the Colleges of Education and the Arts and Sciences.
The College of Education has been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation
of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
- Accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools
- All programs approved for certification by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- One of only 22 Illinois institutions (57 total) accredited by NCATE
- All programs, with national professional association standards, are in full compliance
- Ed. D. in Education Leadership approved by IBHE in June 2004 and by NCA in April 2005
- ISBE approved Superintendent Endorsement in February 2007 to add to Type 75 Licensure
for Doctoral students