The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program requires applicants to have a master’s
degree in Educational Administration or a related educational field with a minimum
GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale, earned in all graduate work. If the applicant’s
master’s degree is in a related field, applicants must have successfully completed
at least one 3-semester hour graduate level course with a grade of “B” or better,
from a regionally accredited institution in each of the following four areas:
- Educational Law
- Curriculum Development and Learning Theories
- Foundations of Finance
- Organizational Dynamics or Administration
The admission process for international students involves submitting additional documentation.
Please plan to complete the admission process prior to the published deadline to ensure
prompt receipt of foreign credentials and visa. For international student admissions
deadlines, please request an International Student Supplemental Packet at (773)995-2513
or on the admissions website.
Credentials in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation
from a recognized credentials translator (for additional details related to this requirement,
please contact the graduate school at G-Studies1@csu.edu).Applicants whose official language is not English are required to submit a recent
official TOEFL Score Report. A minimum score of 550 (written test) or 213 (computer
test) is acceptable.
Students should submit a completed application packet to the Department of Doctoral
Studies by March 31st. There is a $50 (check or money order) non-refundable application-processing
fee (international students $60). A complete application packet consists of:
- A completed application form.
- Two official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors and/or administrators addressing the
applicant’s potential for success in a doctoral program.
- Official score report (general test/verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing components)
of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. The test must have been taken
within the past five years of admission date. You can access GRE information here.
- A typed double-spaced goal statement, which describes the applicant’s reasons for
pursuing an advanced degree in educational leadership.
- A current vitae or resume.
Note: Selected applicants are required to complete an on-campus writing sample and