The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program requires applicants to have a master’s degree in Educational Administration or a related educational field with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale, earned in all graduate work. If the applicant’s master’s degree is in a related field, applicants must have successfully completed at least one 3-semester hour graduate level course with a grade of “B” or better, from a regionally accredited institution in each of the following four areas:
- Educational Law
- Curriculum Development and Learning Theories
- Foundations of Finance
- Organizational Dynamics or Administration
The admission process for international students involves submitting additional documentation. Please plan to complete the admission process prior to the published deadline to ensure prompt receipt of foreign credentials and visa. For international student admissions deadlines, please request an International Student Supplemental Packet at (773)995-2513 or on the admissions website.
Credentials in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation from a recognized credentials translator (for additional details related to this requirement, please contact the graduate school at G-Studies1@csu.edu).Applicants whose official language is not English are required to submit a recent official TOEFL Score Report. A minimum score of 550 (written test) or 213 (computer test) is acceptable.
Students should submit a completed application packet to the Department of Doctoral Studies by March 31st. There is a $50 (check or money order) non-refundable application-processing fee (international students $60). A complete application packet consists of:
- A completed application form.
- Two official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors and/or administrators addressing the applicant’s potential for success in a doctoral program.
- Official score report (general test/verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing components) of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. The test must have been taken within the past five years of admission date. You can access GRE information here.
- A typed double-spaced goal statement, which describes the applicant’s reasons for pursuing an advanced degree in educational leadership.
- A current vitae or resume.
Note: Selected applicants are required to complete an on-campus writing sample and interview.