Chicago State University College of Pharmacy has received full accreditation status from The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
The Chicago State University College of Pharmacy will utilize the PharmCAS application service. To access their website please go to our "Important Links" link from the navigation section beneath our logo.
- All applicants must first file an application through PharmCAS, a web-based Pharmacy College Application Service, by February 1, 2016 at http://www.PharmCAS.org. PharmCAS must receive ALL official college transcripts by February 1, 2016. PharmCAS will not release applicant information to the School of Pharmacy until all transcripts, from every institution attended, are received.
- Three letters of reference should be completed on the "Letters of Reference" form included in your PharmCAS application and submitted to PharmCAS by February 2016 deadline. Applicants must adhere to the specified requirements regarding letters of reference criteria:
Register to take the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) at www.pcatweb.info. Select to have the scores sent directly to PharmCAS CODE 104. You must take the PCAT exam no later than the January testing date for the results to be submitted in time for review.Complete the Supplemental Application (please print clearly or type) and return it to the Chicago State University College of Pharmacy Attention Student Affairs 9501 S. King Drive Douglas Hall 206, Chicago, IL., 60628 by March 1, 2016 deadline.
- One letter must be from a Pharmacist or other licensed health care professional.
- One letter must be from a science professor who has instructed the applicant at the college/university level.
- The final letter should be from a Pre-health/faculty advisor, if possible. A letter from a Supervisor/Employer, Pre-health Committee, professor in any discipline or second licensed health care professional may be submitted if the applicant's primary college/university does not use a Pre-health or faculty advisor.
- Letters from a TA can only be accepted if signed by the professor.
- If applicable, submit copy of Advanced Placement (AP) Credits issued from the College Board and Educational Testing Services (ETS). This only applies if AP Credits are not indicated on the transcript.
- $50.00 Non-Refundable Application Fee. Check or Money Order made payable to Chicago State University (Temporary checks will not be accepted).
All required (prerequisite) courses must be completed with a letter of grade of "C" or better prior to entrance into the professional pharmacy program.
Selected applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process (Date and Time TBA).
If you have additional questions, please call our office at 773/821-2500.