Chicago State University
Abilities Office Resource and Computer Lab
(Division of Student Affairs)
Lab Supervisor: Mr. Maximillian Tolbert
Lab Staff: Ms. Kenyatta Martin
Location: Cordell Reed Student Union, Room 167
Lab and Office Hours:
Monday –Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (unless otherwise posted)
Closed: Saturday and Sunday
Contact Us: (773) 995-4401 or (773) 821-2866
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID CSU I.D. This will be strictly enforced!! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You must be registered with the Abilities Office prior to using the lab.
- You must sign in and out in each time that you use the facilities.
- Users are not to download, alter or copy software, whether mainframe or microcomputer, made available to them through CSU without the explicit permission of the Lab Supervisor.
- Additional programs can be requested to be installed on the machines by professors. Updates to these programs can be requested by students or their professors.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are not allowed in the lab.
- Loud or obscene language is not allowed.
- The viewing of inappropriate computer related materials in an educational institution of higher learning is strictly prohibited. (Example: The viewing of pornography or X-rated materials is NOT allowed.)
- We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for violent or aggressive language or behavior. No inappropriate language or behavior will be tolerated. We will call CSU police for assistance with these matters.
- Game playing is not allowed. These computers and lab are for educational purposes only.
- Cell phones should be switched off upon entering the lab, if you must use your phone please place the ringer on vibrate and step out of the lab for the duration of your call.
- Children are not allowed on the machines.
- If you should find it necessary to bring your child /children to the lab we ask that you maintain a careful eye on them. We also ask that in the event that your child becomes upset and starts crying loudly that you take your child outside to calm him /her so other students will not be disturbed. In the event that your child remains disruptive you and your child may be asked to leave.
- We highly recommend purchasing a jump drive. Files are not allowed to be stored on the hard drive and will be erased at the end of the day.
- You should save your files every 5 to 10 minutes in the event of hardware malfunction.
- The page limit for all laser black & white print-outs made in the lab is 20 pages per day. We do not supply color print outs or Xerox copies. All additional laser black & white print-outs and color print outs or Xerox copies can be obtained from the Office of Duplications located in the Cook Administration Building, Room 130, from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Students can also obtain black & white Xerox copies from the New Academic Library. Students not adhering to the 20 page per day print policy will have print privileges suspended temporarily.
- We ask that all visual students not use the two computers with JAWS adaptive technology programming.
- Users may not use more than one workstation at a time.
- The lab area comprises a work and learning facility. Please give others your consideration. Users should dispose of any unwanted hardcopy and debris before leaving the work area.
- Please keep the work area clean.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items or documents.
- We are aware of the hard times we all live in, but we will not tolerate vagrancy or our students catering to vagrants within the lab or office areas.
By adhering to these guidelines we hope that you will have a productive and pleasurable experience in our lab.