In compliance with Illinois P.A. 95-764, and in an effort to educate the campus community about sexual assault (including prevention and awareness of sex offenses, procedures to follow if a sex offense occurs, procedures for on campus disciplinary action, possible sanctions, and distribution), online resources and campus-sponsored awareness programs are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Information about above policies, procedures, services, and programs can be obtained from the Department of Student Affairs, CSU Police Department and the Student Handbook. We have also hosted the Department of Education’s training material Sexual Harassment: It’s Not Academic which covers a host of scenarios, examples and FAQs.
If you, or someone you know, is a survivor of rape or sexual assault, the following offices can assist in providing a private, safe and supportive space to talk, an opportunity to understand options for on-campus and off-campus reporting procedures, and assist in addressing other campus concerns for the survivor.
- University Police - phone: 773-995-2111
- Counseling Center - Cordell Reed Student Union, Suite 190 phone: 773-995-2383
- Office of the Dean of Students - >Cordell Reed Student Union, Suite 268-A phone: 773-995-2448
- Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free phone: 1-888-293-2080
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - www.rainn.org
- City of Chicago Domestic Violence Hotline - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, confidential, multilingual, LGBTQ sensitive, free. Phone: 1-877-863-6338