Provides access to Chicago State University for entering freshmen who have special
To serve students to the best of our ability, UC faculty and staff create supportive
curricula and programs to enhance the acquisition of knowledge and skills essential
to successful academic performance in the larger university.
The UC entails an approximate two-semester commitment with a combination of basic
skills and general education course work applicable to all student majors. High school
transcript evaluation and university placement examinations determine course placement.
What's in it for You?
- Small class size
- Specialized orientation, advising, and registration
- Individualized attention by instructors and academic support counselors
- CSU 090: University Studies (a course designed to promote success in a university
- Use of the College Student Inventory (a diagnostic tool to assist students in improving
themselves in their student role)
- Access to the Summer Bridge program (an option for furthering basic skills development.)
Exit from the UC involves the successful completion of applicable basic skills course
work and examinations, as well as Freshman Seminar (FRSE 1500 and FRSE 1510). Students
will be transferred to their major department at this time.
Entrance to the program is made every semester. Admission to the program has limited
enrollment. Early application is strongly recommended. Application deadline: Check
with the Admissions Office.
Students must apply for admission and submit supporting documents in order to determine
eligibility for University College.
How can I get more information about the university?
To take a virtual tour of our campus, or learn more about our academic programs or to schedule a walking
tour please phone, write or email:
Chicago State University - Office of Admissions
Cook Administration Bldg. #200
9501 South King Drive
Chicago, IL 60628 -1598