Statements of Economic Interests forms are mandated by the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act (5ILCS 420/49) and must be completed annually by employees who meet the criteria of the Act. The Secretary of State will mail Statements of Economic Interests on March 15, 2017 to CSU employees who are required to file. Statements of Economic Interest should be returned to the Ethics Officer for review prior to mailing to the Secretary of State.
It is important that you note the following:
- Statements must be dated and include your signature
- Indicate 'N/A' or 'NONE' for all questions that are not applicable to you
- Do not submit supporting documentation or provide dollar amounts for a given interest.
- Copies, including faxes, are NOT accepted by the State.
- Failure to properly complete the Statement of Economic Interests will result in an audit finding for the University, as well as penalties against you.
Employees who complete the Statements of Economic Interests are also required to complete a SUPPLEMENTAL STATEMENT OF ECONOMIC INTERESTS (SSEI) form mandated by Ill. Executive Order 15-09. The SSEI forms will be emailed to employees at their CSU email address, along with a link and a pin, and should be filed electronically with the Illinois Executive Ethics Commission annually by May 1st.
CSU Employees and Members of the Board of Trustees required to file Statements of Economic Interest for 2017 should submit signed original statements to the CSU Ethics Office, Cook ADM Building, Room 203 on or before Thursday, April 24, 2017.
The Ethics Office will file the Statements of Economic Interests forms received on or before April 27, 2017 in bulk prior to the State mandated deadline of May 1, 2017.
Failure to meet the 2017 deadline will result in the State levying penalties against you and an audit finding for the University.
- Late Filing on or before May 15 - $15 late fee
- Late Filing after May 16 to the date of filing - $100 each day in addition to the $15 late fee
- Late Filing June 1st - Forfeiture of office or position of employment
If you have any questions regarding your Statement of Economic Interest, please call ext. 3519.