Statements of Economic Interest forms are mandated by the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act (5ILCS 420/49) and must be completed annually by employees who meet the criteria of the Act.
The Ethics Officer is required by The State Officials and Employees Act(5ILCS 430) to review all statements before they are submitted to the Office of the Secretary of State.
The Secretary of State will mail Statements of Economic Interest on March 17, 2014 to CSU employees who are required to file.
It is important that you note the following:
- Statements must be dated and include your signature.
- Indicate N/A for all questions that are not applicable to you.
- Do not submit supporting documentation or provide dollar amounts for a given interest.
- Copies, including faxes, are NOT accepted by the State.
- Failure to properly complete the Statement of Economic Interests will result in an audit finding for the University, as well as penalties against you.
CSU Employees and Members of the Board of Trustees required to file Statements of Economic Interest for 2013 must submit signed statements to the CSU Ethics Office, Cook ADM Building, Room 203 on or before Monday, April 21, 2014.
The Ethics Office will file all Statements received on or before April 23, 2014 in bulk prior to the State mandated deadline of May 1, 2014.
Failure to meet the 2014 deadline will result in the State levying penalties against you and an audit finding for the University.
- Late Filing on or before May 15th - $15 late Fee
- Late Filing after May 16 to the date of filing - $100 each day in addition to the $15 late fee
- Late Filing June 1st - Forfeiture of office or position of employment
If you have any questions regarding your Statement of Economic Interest, please call ext. 3519.