The Examination Center is located at Douglas Hall Room 119. To confirm hours of operation visit HERE. For questions, feel free to contact us via phone at 773.995.2513 or via email at email@example.com.
The placement exams at Chicago State University is administered via Accuplacer, a computerized placement exam by the College Board. The Reading and College Math exams are not timed. However, the English Writing exam is timed to 1 hour. Placement results are immediately provided after completing the test.
Remote testing is for non-Chicago State University students who wish to take an exam at this location. For Accuplacer exams, please contact the originating institution to request a remote test. For non-Accuplacer exams, contact our office to confirm the exam can be proctored.
There is a $30 fee for all remote exams. Click here to download the remote test fee form.
Examination Lab Policies and Procedures
- A photo id must be presented to the proctor
- No food or drink is allowed
- Students may not leave the examination lab once the test has begun. This includes going to the bathroom and getting a drink.
- Students may not leave the examination lab in the middle of taking a test
- Only students taking an exam are allowed in the examination lab
- Cell phones are to be turned off - not on vibrate mode
- No talking or making sounds that are disruptive to other testers
- Pencils are scrap paper are provided by the proctor. No other materials are allowed during the test.
- Calculators are not allowed. However, the exam is programmed to populate a calculator when deemed appropriate for a type of calculation.
- The exam lab is to be used for testing purposes only. Students cannot browse, print, check email, etc. prior to or after taking a test.
- If you are suspected of or caught cheating, the test will be stopped immediately
- If you need assistance, raise your hand and a proctor will assist you