Chicago State University was recently visited by a delegation from the Communication University of China, Beijing PRC this week to establish the basis for cooperation in developing academic and co-curricular experiences in the future. The faculty of the two universities are in the process of planning to create dynamic exchanges, academic experiences, and mutual understanding of our global cultures in the months and years to come.
- Study abroad opportunities for students at both institutions
- Inviting Chinese students pursuing degrees in the teaching of Chinese as a second language to undergo courses in bilingual education and/or an internship in teaching at CSU.
- Inter-faculty institutes on the teaching of world languages as second languages, and related scholarly efforts.
- Exploring the possibility of CSU’s Communications, Media Arts, and theatre cooperating with the work of the Worldwide Communications League established by CUC
- Developing mutually approved team-taught courses by interested professors of both institutions, including as online courses.
- Developing dual degree programs associated with inter-related academic programs at both institutions.