- Contact your academic advisor for advisement on course registration and to obtain your current registration advising PIN.
- On the Chicago State University home page, www.csu.edu, click on Cougar Connect.
- Log in using your CSU email username and password. Then click the"Home" tab.
- Click "CSU X-Press Menu”, "Student Menu",and then select the box adjacent to "Registration Agreement". It is the student's responsibility to review the Terms of Agreementprior to accepting.
- Click “Term Selection” and select correct term i.e., Spring 2016. Click "Submit".
- On the "Add/Drop Classes" page, click on the arrow under “Action” next to the course you wish to drop. The word NONE will be next to the arrow.
- Click “Drop Web.”
- Do this for each course you wish to drop.
- If you wish to add a class to replace the class you are dropping, type in the five-digit Course Reference Number (CRN) of the course you wish to add in one of the boxes at the bottom of the screen and click “Submit Changes.”
- Scroll down and check for error messages.
- If you have errors, type in another CRN and then click "Submit Changes" again.
- After you have selected your courses with no error messages, click “Complete Your Registration” at the bottom of the page.
(1) You will not be allowed to drop your last class online resulting in a full withdrawal with zero (0) credit hours of enrollment after the published deadline date. You must complete and submit the online “Complete Withdrawal Request Form” to the Office of the Registrar (ADM 128) by the published deadline. You must also participate in a short exit interview with Financial Aid prior to the processing of the complete withdrawal. Please reference the term's General Information document (published online) for additional information. For more information, about "Complete Withdrawals " contact the Office of the Registrar.
Students may drop classes on CSU X-Press via Cougar Connect up to and including the 100% refund date. After the 100% refund date, students may drop or withdraw from classes by completing the Change of Schedule form. The form, with appropriate signatures, must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by published deadline dates in order to prevent academic penalty. Students will not be permitted to add classes after the registration period. A drop/withdrawal from a course or courses is not complete until the Change of Schedule form is submitted and processed by a Records and Registration staff member.
(2) F-1 international students are REQUIRED to receive authorization from the Office of International Programs' designated school official BEFORE dropping a course that will reduce the F-1 student’s credit hour load below 12 semester hours.
(3) Student athletes are REQUIRED to receive authorization from the Director of Athletics or his designees and the Eligibility Coordinator representative BEFORE dropping a course that will reduce the student athlete’s credit hour load below 12 semester hours.