|Graduation Application||This form is required for Undergraduate students who plan to complete degree requirements for the specified term. Graduation application must be submitted by the announced deadline published each term in the General Information Document.|
|Replacement/Duplicate Diploma Request||This form should be completed by Undergraduate students who would like to have a diploma mailed and/or to request a replacement diploma.|
|Exception to the University Policy||This form should be completed by Undergraduate students who would like to request permission to take a course(s) at another school while enrolled at Chicago State University, and/or to request an exception to a university academic policy or procedure.|
The forms listed in this section must be submitted with the appropriate signatures and forwarded to the Office of the Provost for approval. Only the approved form(s) will be processed by the Course Scheduling Unit.
|Course Request||The Course Request Form is completed for course creation and updates for the new term designated.|
|Course Authorization||The Course Authorization to Change Form is completed for all additions, changes and cancellations for the term designated.|
|Instructor Change||The Instructor Authorization to Change Form is completed for assigned Instructor(s) changes only for the term designated.|
|Academic Petition||This form is required for students who would like to petition for administrative withdrawal or other registration modifications due to extenuating circumstances within 60 days of the term’s end date. With each petition, students are required to submit evidence of the circumstance and/or proof of attendance/grade from each instructor (if required).|
|Change of Schedule
This form is required for students who would like to make schedule changes for the term identified (dropped/ withdrawal changes will be processed with the date of submission as the effective date.)
- Reinstatement: this form is required for students who were administratively dropped from a course(s).
- Add/Drop: this form is required for students who would like to add and/or drop classes without academic penalty according to the deadline dates published in the term academic calendar.
- Name: This form is required for students who need to make updates/changes to their official name. Official documentation is needed before requests are processed.
- Social Security Number/Date of Birth: This form is required for students who need to make updates/changes to their Social Security Number and/or date of birth. Additional official documentation is required before requests are processed.
This form is for Undergraduate students who would like to request curriculum changes to their academic record. Complete this form to add, delete, or change a major, minor or concentration. Please note that all major changes and additions require advisors' signatures. Advisor signatures are not required to delete or add a minor.
Please note: To be process for the current semester, Major/Minor Change Form must be completed in its entirety and submitted to the Office of Records and Registration BEFORE the “last day of the Add/Drop Period.” Approved changes received AFTER the “last day of the Add/Drop Period” of the term will be process for the following semester.
A Major/Minor Change Form will not be process after a degree or credential has been awarded.
|FERPA Authorization Release Forms||This form is required for CSU students to grant consent to release education records including but not limited to student file, enrollment, grades, discipline, and financial records to a third party.|
|Incomplete Grade Request and Contract||This form is required for CSU students who would like to submit a request for a grade of Incomplete. The process is initiated by the student and must be submitted to the instructor in writing, using the Incomplete Grade Request and Contract.|
This application is for CSU students who would like to apply for university administered and/or constructed qualifying examinations.
Please note: Proficiency examinations may be taken for credit in accordance with regulations (see CSU’s catalog for additional information). The grade in the proficiency examination is Pass or Fail.
|Readmission Form||This form is required for Undergraduate students who have not attended Chicago State University for longer than two years; they must apply for readmission.|
|Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information Form||This form, when submitted to the Registrar's Office by the student, prevents the University from disclosing any information about the student to the public, except only certain organizations with a legal right to such information.|
- Illinois Residency
- U.S. Citizenship
- Permanent Resident
- Illinois Residency: If a student is designated as an out-of-state resident, he or she may qualify for in-state residency by meeting certain qualifications. The process to determine in-state residency for tuition purposes is very detailed and lengthy. Students will need to complete and submit the Declaration of Residency form, along with the supporting documents (original), to the Office of Records and Registration in the Cook Administration Building, Room 128.
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident: If a student needs to update their citizenship, he or she may report changes by submitting required documentations. Students will need to complete and submit the Declaration of Residency form, along with supporting documents (original), to the Office of Records and Registration in the Cook Administration Building, Room 128.
Please note: Residency Status Appeal/Change form can be obtained in the Office of the Registrar (ADM 128).
|Unofficial Transcript||Unofficial transcripts may be viewed online from CSU X-PRESS by selecting Academic Transcript from the Student Records menu.|
Please note: unofficial transcripts will not be available to students that attended prior to the Fall of 1996.
|Transcript Request||Students may request the release of their transcripts online only. Online requests are made through the National Student Clearinghouse. A credit card is required for payment and the charge for transcripts ordered via the web are as follows:
- Transcripts requested online are $10.00 per copy, plus a $2.25 processing fee per order.
- Transcripts requested online for immediate receipt are $15.00 per copy, plus a $2.25 processing fee per order.
To order through the National Student Clearinghouse via web click HERE
Transcript requests are generally processed within three to five business days.Please note: Chicago State University will not accept a transcript request by telephone, fax, or email. In addition, transcripts are not issued for individuals with outstanding financial obligation to Chicago State University.
|Enrollment Verification||Chicago State University (CSU) has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at:|
Students who need a written statement of their enrollment status at CSU or their graduation date must complete and submit the enrollment verification form and provide a valid photo ID to request a verification. Some requests will require a $4.00 processing fee.
- Web: www.studentclearinghouse.org or www.degreeverify.com
- Fax: (703) 742-4239
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: National Student Clearinghouse; 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171
| || |