Chicago State University
Travel Related Services

Travel procedures followed by the Purchasing Department are promulgated by the Travel Review Board for the State of Illinois and the internal procedures set forth by the Administration and Finance section of the University. Travel related expenses (for CSU employees /students only) that can be charged to the P-Card include: Airline Travel, Hotel Stay, Conference Fees or Registration Fees, Enterprise Car Rental. Travel related services are done via paper requisitions and must be submitted to Minnie Lee in ADM 208.

Documentation required to be submitted with each type of travel requisition include:

Airline Travel

(Chicago State University's preferred travel agency to provide assistance in obtaining airline tickets is Boersma Travel 1-888-281-6558)

  • Copy of Travel Authorization
  • Travel itinerary from Boersma (made by the department or person traveling)
Hotel Stay
  • Copy of Travel Authorization
  • Hotel reservation /confirmation
  • Credit Card Authorization
  • The traveler is required to bring a receipt from the hotel stay to Minnie Lee.
Conference Fee/Registration Fee
  • Information about the conference or registration needed.
  • Copy of Travel Authorization
Reservation from Enterprise
  • Reservation from Enterprise
  • Copy of Travel Authorization

New Policies: The P-Card can only be used for university employees and students. Non-university travelers are to be reimbursed.