The mission of the Institutional Review Board is to protect the rights and welfare of research subjects, through review of research involving human subjects at Chicago State University . The mission of the CSU IRB is congruent with the University's mission of academic excellence, which encompasses teaching, research, service and community development including social justice, leadership and entrepreneurship.
The CSU IRB Coordinator is Ms. Bobbie Harth. Current IRB Office hours are Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am - 5:00pm.
The CSU IRB is under the direction of Dr. Dolores Nobles-Knight, IRB Chairperson.
Please see updated Forms and Informed Consent guidelines (updated December 2013).
Do you have questions about research at CSU on these or other topics?
- Research with human subjects
- Research with vulnerable populations such as children, prisoners, pregnant women and others
- Research with animal subjects or biological materials
- Authorship questions
- Publication questions
- Research ethics
- Research considerations in international settings
- Financial disclosure questions
- Time and effort reporting questions
Join us on the 1st Thursday of each month from 2-3PM in ADM 301!
CSU's IRB Chair, IRB Coordinator, AVP for Research and Sponsored Programs, OGRA staff, Research Integrity Officer and others will be available meet with you.