Welcome to the Office of Student Financial Aid
The mission of the Office of Student Financial Aid is to support the University's
overall goal of providing an affordable, quality education by providing financial assistance
to those students and their families seeking to offset their educational costs.
You need to know . . .
• Summer 2013 - Information regarding financial aid eligibility for the Summer 2013 semester, as well as loan request forms for Summer, is available on the Summer Financial Aid web page.
• DON'T DELAY . . . FILE YOUR FAFSA TODAY ! If you have not already done so, file your FAFSA today in order to establish your eligibility for Federal and State of Illinois funding, including loans, for the upcoming 2013-2014 academic year. You can complete and file your FAFSA on-line. You may access the FAFSA web site through our Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) web page. Our U.S.D.E. school code is 001694 (you will need to enter the code on your FAFSA).
• 2013-2014 Financial Aid Award Packages - Your 2013-2014 Financial Aid Award Package is now available for your review. Continuing students may access and review their packages by entering Cougar Connect and continuing on to CSU X-press. Students who have yet to be admitted, but have completed a FAFSA and have listed Chicago State University as one of the schools to which they would like their financial aid profiles submitted, may access and review their packages through CSU X-press.
• TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Scholarship)
TANF is closed for the 2012-2013 academic year. We will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2013 semester in late August or early September.
• Educational Assistance Fund (EAF)
EAF is closed for the 2012-2013 academic year. We will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2013 semester in late August or early September.
|All Financial Aid communications are sent to your CSU
||Check it often !
|You may check the status of your financial aid package at anytime on
If you are a veteran, or the child or spouse of a veteran, you may be eligible for educational benefits. For more information please visit our Veterans Affairs web site.
Survey of Services and Programs for Veterans, Active Duty Military
Personnel and Families (Illinois Public Act 96-0133) (.pdf)
Please visit this web page periodically for information regarding any changes to financial aid programs that may affect your financial aid eligibility. Read all e-mail communications from the Office of Student Financial Aid and remember . . .
It is the responsibility of all students to keep themselves informed as to issues that may affect their financial aid eligibility by regularly accessing the Office of Student Financial Aid web site and CSU X-Press.
If you are interested in applying for admission to an undergraduate program please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions web site or contact them at 773-995-2513.
If you are interested in applying for admission to a Masters or Doctorate program please visit the School of Graduate and Professional Studies web site or contact them at 773-995-2404.
If you are interested in applying for admission to a teacher certification program please visit the Office of Teacher Certification web site or contact them at 773-995-2519.
Photographs on the Office of Student Financial Aid
web pages courtesy of Mr. Brent Jones.
If you have any comments or questions about the content of this web page,
or if you should come across a broken link,
please e-mail the Office of Student Financial Aid web site publisher at