The following reports have been produced by the staff of the Fredrick Blum Neighborhood
(NAC) in partnership with various community groups, nonprofit organizations, and academic
across the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Northeastern Illinois Food Security Assessment (2008)
- A Profile of Health and Health Resources within Chicago's 77 Communities
Chicago State University Geography students, through the NAC, completed the maps for
from the Northwestern University Institute for Healthcare Studies.
- The Challenge of An Apple a Day (2005)
- Finding Food in Chicago and the Suburbs: Report of the Northeastern
Illinois Community Food Security Assessment - Full Report (2008),
Executive Summary (2008)
- Finding Food in Chicago and the Suburbs: Regional and Chicago-wide
Food Access Maps (2008)
This report by the Chicago Public Health Department outlines food access in a number
of Chicago Communities. The NAC helped lead the study in the Austin community.
Fredrick Blum Neighborhood Assistance Center (NAC)
Chicago State University
Williams Science Center - Room 321
9501 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Chicago, IL 60628-1598
Phone: (773) 995-3844
Fax: (773) 995-4482