Admitted Students

Admitted Checklist

Congratulations! You're one step closer to enrollment!

Cougar Confirmation

Follow these steps to confirm your admission to Chicago State University

Go to your CSU application portal
1. Visit your CSU application portal & confirm your enrollment
Placement exam
2. Placement exam
3. Orientation
FAFSA Completion
4. FAFSA Completion
Earn a tuition-free first year
5. Earn a tuition-free first year!

Welcome home, Cougar!


Complete these steps by Orientation

Orientation is a day filled with many actions to complete your enrollment. The steps below can be done prior to orientation or at orientation.

  1. Review Your Transfer Credits
    Coursework will only be evaluated after your official transcripts from each institution attended and/or scores have been received by the Office of Evaluations.
    Please allow our office 3 weeks to fully enter all transfer credit. Students can view transfer credit details on Cougar Connect by navigating to the Student channel.
    All current students (students already attending classes at CSU) whose transfer credits are not visible, please contact the Office of Evaluations immediately.
  2. Submit Housing Application (optional)
    Are you interested in staying on campus in our residence hall? After you confirm your enrollment, you can complete a housing application.
    Please visit our Housing & Residence Life webpage or contact if you need more information.
  3. Submit Immunization Records
    Immunizations are a state law requirement and failure to comply will result in academic withdrawal. Prior to registration, you are required to provide proof of immunization compliance. All enrolled students who attend classes on campus must provide documentation of immunizations.
    Complete the Student Immunization Record(pdf) form and send it to:
    Chicago State University
    Wellness Center Cook Administration Building/ Room 131

    9501 S. King Drive
    Chicago, IL 60628
    Students should contact the Wellness Center, located in Room 131, Cook Administration Building, or call (773) 995-2010 for further information on how to satisfy State of Illinois immunization requirements.
  4. Submit FINAL High School/College Transcripts
    Newly admitted students are required to provide their FINAL Official High School transcript or FINAL Official College transcript with school seal and graduation to the Office of Admissions.
    Students can request ACT or SAT official scores to be sent to CSU – Code 0992 by contacting the agencies listed below.
    If you attended a community college or earned college credits during high school, please have them send an official transcript to the Undergraduate Admissions Office by July 1.
  5. Submit Your AP/IB/CLEP Scores
    CSU accepts the following types of course credit:
    1. (AP) Advanced Placement
    2. (CLEP) College-Level Examination Program
    3. (IB) International Baccalaureate
    4. State Seal of Biliteracy
    5. Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment
      Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate credit is generally accepted if you meet the required minimum score for each exam. Detailed information on these credits may be found here.
      Contact each organization to learn how to send your scores to CSU:
      Office of Records and Registration
      Academic Evaluations and Advisement ADM 128
      Chicago State University
      9501 S. King Drive
      Chicago, IL 60628
  6. Pay Tuition & Fees
    Pay your tuition and fees on time so you don't get dropped from classes. Your verified fund source must be in place by the payment due date which includes financial aid, scholarships, payment plan, or pay in full.  Log into your student payment portal and review your statement, enroll in a payment plan, make payment, and set up your direct deposit information. payment |  |  773-335-2029
  7. Final Steps
    1. Confirn you are registered for classes & confirm all expenses via  Cougar Connect.
    2. Obtain parking pass if you are commuting.
    3. Email to obtain your university ID.
    4. Get all educational materials (books, calculators, etc.).
    5. If you are a Veteran, please contact Veterans Affairs to obtain your benefits.